The Circled Square: Buddhist Studies in Higher Education is a new podcast series produced and released from the University of Toronto’s team at the Robert H.N. Ho Family Foundation Centre for Buddhist Studies. This academic podcast explores practices of effective teaching and learning about Buddhism.
In this podcast we interview professors from various disciplines creating a platform to discuss the professional work and creativity of teaching. We are interested in cultivating deep conversations about teaching and Buddhist Studies, as well as discussing and learning about how topics related to Buddhism are taught in various fields.
You can listen here now: http://teachingbuddhism.net/circled-square-podcast/. It is also available for free download on Apple podcasts, Google play, Stitcher and Spotify.
This first season has six episodes:
- Episode 1: Inhabiting the Stories: Buddhism from the Inside, with Vanessa Sasson
- Episode 2: Engaging Students in the Big Picture, with Matt King
- Episode 3: Anti-colonial Teaching and Buddhism, with Natalie Avalos
- Episode 4: Negotiating the Layers: Material History in our Teaching, with Abhishek Amar
- Episode 5: Teaching Buddhist Art Using Museum and Gallery Collections, with Wen-shing Chou
- Episode 6: Buddhism and Contemplative Science, with Norman Farb